Extra Care and Innovative Supported Living Solutions Conference 2012
The Social Services Improvement Agency (SSIA) and Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF);in partnership with the Older People & Ageing Research and Development Network (OPAN), Swansea University; South East Wales Improvement Collaborative (SEWIC) and KT-EQUAL hosted a unique National Conference on 26th March 2012 in Novotel, Cardiff.
The event brought together the latest research ideas and developments from across the UK in relation to Extra care, supported living and other innovative housing solutions in the UK, specifically considered within the Welsh context.
KT-Equal are currently working on a Conference Report which will be made available here. Presentations, audio recordings and speaker biographies are available on their website.
You can watch the speakers presentations here (simply click on the presenters name):
- Opening remarks: Professor Judith Phillips, Swansea University
- Professor Gail Mountain, KT EQUAL
- Setting the Scene: Martyn Palfreman, Head of Social Services Directorate and Naomi Alleyne, Director of Equalities and Social Justice, Welsh Local Government Association
- Evaluation of the Department of Health Extra Care initiative in England: Jeremy Porteus, Director of the Housing LIN (England) and Robin Darton, Personal Social Services Research Unit, University of Kent
- Housing in an Ageing Society: Emma Stone, Director of Policy and Research, and Ilona Haselwood, Programme Manager, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Housing an Ageing Population with Social Care Needs: Investigating the role of Extra Care Housing: Dylan Kneale, International Longevity Centre UK
- A Development Perspective: Melville Knight, Group Chief Executive, Castleoak
- Extra Care in Wales: Meeting the needs of fit or frail older people? Professor Vanessa Burholt, Centre for Innovative Ageing