All Wales Child Protection Procedures
The All Wales Child Protection Procedures 2008 replace earlier jurisdiction and reflect recent significant changes in legislation. The new procedures combine the shared knowledge and experiences of Wales' 22 Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) and reflect the changes required as a result of high-profile child protection reports like the Laming Report.
They address a wide range of safeguarding issues, including new mediums in which abuse can occur, such as the internet, and incorporate learning from research and practice from other parts of the world.
The shared Welsh procedures have been achieved through the work of the All Wales Child Procedures Review Group which has been meeting on a regular basis since the production of the All Wales Procedures in 2002.
The Group's work has been watched with interest by English LSCBs, who are considering ways to promote collaboration between neighbouring boards.
You can download the procedures below, along with other relevant documents.
- All Wales Child Protection Procedures 2008 [7.3Mb] [PDF] [Opens in a new window]
- A Guide to Changes and Additions to All Wales Child Protection Procedures 2008 [172kb] [PDF] [Opens in a new window]
- All Wales Child Protection Procedures 2006 [501kb] [PDF] [Opens in a new window]
- ACPC protocol - Safeguarding Children In Whom Illness is Fabricated or Induced - 2004
Gymru Gyfan Pwyllgor Amddiffyn Plant Ardal (PAPA) Protocol - Amddiffyn Plant y mae Salwch Yn cael ei Achosi Neuâi Ffugio gan Ofalwyr - 2004[114kb] [PDF] [Opens in a new window]
- ACPC - Female Genital Mutilation Protocol - 2011 [246kb] [PDF] [Opens in a new window]